Business Development Advisor
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
New Business Development
§ Ensure that the Country Office has a comprehensive Business Development Strategy in place, which is in line with the Country Strategy, and is implemented and monitored effectively.
§ Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from bilateral, multi-lateral, and other institutional donors.
§ Position Country Office to successfully win and manage medium and large grants, including support management of Country Portfolio and setting of financial targets.
§ Lead development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, Operations, Awards and Finance team for proposal development.
§ Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities.
§ Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process. Provide regular updates to the Director of PDQ on status of the funding portfolio and key trends to monitor.
§ Assist in developing funding strategies for thematic programme plans and cross-sectoral integration.
§ Any other duties assigned
§ Lead the development and regular update of donor engagement strategy to assist in growing the Sierra Leone and Liberia portfolio, consistent with the Country Strategy.
§ Cultivate excellent working relationships with donor agencies at regional and country level as appropriate and in collaboration with the Director of Programme Development and Quality.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Master’s Degree in Development Practice, Social Science or relevant field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
§ Minimum 7 years’ experience in development and or emergency contexts, preferably with solid experience in at least two priority sectors of Save the Children: education, protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
§ Proven track record in producing winning bids and proposals for institutional donors, corporates / private sector and others
§ Strong understanding and experience with USG, DFID, EU, UN and other institutional donor funding mechanisms and contract regulations.
§ Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
§ Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets.
§ Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
§ Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
§ Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets.
§ Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner and experience in leading project presentations to donors and partners
§ Proven ability to design high quality programs
§ Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
§ Cultural awareness and ability to work in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
§ Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
Date advertised: 25 Nov 2019
Closing date: 14 Dec 2019 - 00:59 WAT
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time